unfiled secure notes

Options
ksymmers
ksymmers
Community Member

Years ago I imported data from Splash ID to 1Password. At the time, most of my entries appeared as unfiled secure notes. Not very useful, and generally not searchable. Is there a way to convert these into login records? Perhaps export the selected secure notes into a CSV file, clean up the entries, and re-import as logins?

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: membership
Referrer: forum-search:unfiled secure noteds

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@ksymmers,

You can export your secure notes as CSV, but it will be a lot of manual work to massage the data within a spreadsheet program to place the field data within the correct column. Furthermore, you'll will lose some of the metadata currently associated with those notes (you can export much of this, but cannot re-import it).

Essentially, you'll be exporting your secure notes records, opening the CSV in a spreadsheet program, and then copy/cut and pasting your username, password, and URL values from the notes column in the CSV, into the column required by the 1Password CSV importer. Once you have a properly formatted CSV, you can import these as Logins.

• ksymmers
    ksymmers
    Community Member
    Options

I did just that. I exported the unfiled files into a CSV file, and adjusted the rows/records to match the actual column headers. Then I re-organized the headers to match 1Password's standard, and then did an import. All is good. Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of MrC, you are welcome @ksymmers!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.