Any way to sync 1PW for Windows thru iCloud?

Options

I currently sync my 1PW vault thru Dropbox. But the recent update now limits the free account to only 3 devices. I would pay to upgrade but not to $120/year. If they had a more reasonable upgrade option, I might do so. So this leads t my question. If I can sync my main vault on Windows with iCloud I can sync all me devices without worry.

Is this possible and, if so, how do I set it up? I am running Windows 10 and 1PW for Windows v7.3.684.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 v1903
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Gator5000e

Great question. Apple has brought iCloud Drive support to Windows, but at this time there is no access to CloudKit from Windows. CloudKit is the technology 1Password relies on for syncing with iCloud as that is Apple's recommended solution for syncing databases (whereas iCloud Drive is primarily for documents). I can understand not wanting to pay $120/year for a Dropbox subscription, particularly if you are mostly only using it for 1Password.

I think the best solution here would be a 1Password membership, which can sync all of your compatible 1Password installations (no limit on number of devices) and an individual plan starts at just $35.88 USD + tax / year. In addition membership gives you access to the latest versions of 1Password for as long as your membership is in good standing, rather than having to license them separately. You can read more about the benefits here:

About 1Password membership

If you'd like to upgrade we have a guide that may be helpful:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.