Long time user - new version limited? Do I need to Upgrade?

Options
Tamerama
Tamerama
Community Member

Have used 1Password for years. I purchased a stand-alone license for Mac My lic. says 1Password 7 Version 7.3.1 Mac - Won't let me add new passwords and Chrome ext doesn't work. Am I being forced to purchased and upgrade?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.1 Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS Mohave 10.14.5
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:Have used 1Password for years. I purchased a stand alone license for Mac My lic says Password 7 Version 7.3.1 Mac - Won't let me add new passwords and Chrome ext doesn't work. Am I being forced to purchased and upgrade?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Tamerama: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! While it is not mandatory to upgrade, if you do, and you don't have a 1Password membership or license for the specific version you're using, it will be in "read-only" mode. We do recommend upgrading 1Password for compatibility with the latest OS and browser releases, which are important for security. But you can certainly continue using the version you paid for in the past, as the license for it never expires. It will become more problematic over time though, if you're updating everything else but continue using an old version of 1Password. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.