Sync between mac by moving agilekeychain not working anymore

Options
OogieM
OogieM
Community Member

I have a iMac and a Mac Air. iMac is the Master machine and has the latest versions of all passwords etc. There is a folder 1Password in Documents that contained the .agilekeychain file but it is does not contain all the latest passwords. I tried creating a 1Password.opvault file by turning off syncing and the turning it on again andspecifying the folder on my main mac which created a .opvault file in that folder but when I move it over to the MacAir instead of AgileKey and bring up 1Password it's not using it as the data ar enot the latest versions.

I cannot move to 1Password7 with the cloud sync and must keep it all ihouse.

What is the best way to set things up now so that I can move a single file over periodically and when 1Password is restarted or I reboot my laptop it will use the latest version?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: manual

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @OogieM!

I cannot move to 1Password7 with the cloud sync and must keep it all ihouse.

You can keep everything locally even with 1Password 7 if you purchase a license for it instead of a subscription. Is this something that you could consider?

• OogieM
    OogieM
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, as long as no cloud other than my own WLAN net to sync my iOS devices. Or if there was a way to set up 1Password to sync on a WebDAV server that would be great. I already do that to sync DEVONThink and Omnifocus among all my devices. I'm running a Synology NAS with WebDAV service for that and that would be my ideal option. I'll go take a look at 1Password7 info

• OogieM
    OogieM
    Community Member
    Options

okay so testing 1Password7 haven't yet bought it but probably will. SO how can I do the sync using ChronoSynch with it?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @OogieM,

Pretty much anything you were doing with 1Password 6 will still work in 1Password 7. Same sync options are still available and during the migration 1Password 7 should have copied not just your vault(s) but settings too.

• OogieM
    OogieM
    Community Member
    Options

I still have to manage sync between Macs myself. Is the correct file to sync the 1Password.opvault file?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@OogieM: yes, 1Password 7 doesn't support the old .agilekeychain file format anymore, so .opvault is the right one.

This discussion has been closed.