To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Applying Eero promo code to my current 1Password yearly subscription

johnnygoodface
johnnygoodface
Community Member

I've read most of what's been said about Eero promo code, and I haven't found those answers yet...
Got many questions, bear with me please :)

Subscription Extension

1a) If I have a yearly 1Password subscription, with let's say 8 months left before renewing, what will happen when applying the yearly Eero Promo Code: Will I end up having 8 + 12 months worth of 1Password subscription, or 8 + 4 to make it sync with the yearly Eero Plus plan?
1b) Does the yearly renewal of the Eero Plus plan automatically renew the 1Password yearly plan or do I have to email 1Password support yearly (as we're asked to do the first time we subscribe to Eero Plus)

Proof of purchase

2a) Since now each year my 1Password account is "payed" by Eero or by means of an Eero promo code applied each year to my 1Password account, does this proof of purchase shows up in my Eero account or my 1Password account?
2b) And if it shows up only in the Eero account, and since I've heard that from time to time, you guys ask questions about account payment when you need to validate the identity of the caller, how can we give you such information anymore?

Quitting Eero Plus subscription

3a) What if I quit my Eero Plus yearly subscription and there were 8 months left (both in Eero/1Password accounts), I would still have those 8 months left in my 1Password subscription. Right?
3b) When applying Eero Plus promo code we get a 5 family members plan from 1Password. So if I added one or more family members to my account and then I close my Eero Plus account, then I would have to email 1Password to setup a new family account plan?
3c) And if 3b=yes, is it easy for you guys to keep the same members linked to my account, or would they have to "rebuild" their 1Password account.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.1 (70301007) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS Mojave 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:eero subscription

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@johnnygoodface: Good questions! Thanks for asking. :)

1. "Subscription Extension": An eero Plus subscription includes a 1Password Families membership, so applying the code you get from eero will result in your 1Password Families account having an active membership for as long as you're subscribed to eero Plus. There's nothing else you need to do after that's been setup, unless you cancel with eero. Then you'd need to setup billing again for yourself through the website: https://start.1password.com/billing
    2. "Proof of purchase": I'm not sure exactly what you have in mind here, but it's pretty straightforward: your 1Password Families account will be paid for by the eero Plus subscription. No documentation is needed. You just need to use the promo code on your 1Password Families account. As far as verifying ownership, telling us how you're paying is only a small part of that. But only the account owner would know if it's paid through eero, Apple, Google, or directly though our website. ;)
    3. "Quitting Eero Plus subscription": When you quit with eero, they stop paying paying for your 1Password account, but everything else is exactly the same as you left it. Hypotheticals aren't going to be productive, as it depends entirely on how you were paying as far as if it's even technically possible for us to give you a credit/refund. So I'll need to refer you to Lars, whose comment you replied to earlier:

Please write in to our email support team at support@1password.com; we don't assist users with the details of their specific purchases or accounts here in this public forum. :)

I don't understand this (part of your) question(s) though:

When applying Eero Plus promo code we get a 5 family members plan from 1Password. So if I added one or more family members to my account and then I close my Eero Plus account, then I would have to email 1Password to setup a new family account plan?

I think I may have covered that above, but if not please clarify what you're asking and we'll go from there. :)

• johnnygoodface
    johnnygoodface
    Community Member
    edited July 2019

Thx @brenty :)
    1. "Subscription Extension": So essentially if get a one year subscription with Eero, I get a 1Password Family account also valid for a year, independently of how many months are left on my current 1Password yearly subscription, of which I have a remaining 3 months as we speak, so I lose those 3 months! ... I'm might be ok with that but it wouldn't be as good were there 11 months left on it. Did I understand correctly? 8-)
    2. The question you're not quite sure of is indeed more related to the use of the 1Password family plan: I think I must understand that all members of my family who got their account thru my family subscription are depending on me (read: on my account). So if I modify my family plan to a regular one or simply close my 1Password account (or the Eero one for that matter), then they will have to contact you so you can transfert their data/vaults to their own personal account from then on. Right? :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Note: For people who are wondering what we're talking about here, an eero Plus subscription includes 1Password Families membership:

How do I sign up for 1Password? (eero)

@johnnygoodface: It just isn't possible to have more than one active biller for a membership (though you could totally have one you pay for yourself and one paid for through eero, if you have a need for two). As far as the specifics for what would need to be done in your case, it really, really isn't something we can even discuss without looking at the actual payment details, and even then only via email, not here on a public forum, as mentioned previously.

all members of my family who got their account thru my family subscription are depending on me (read: on my account).

Correct. People who join your family membership depend on you for their service, whether that be you paying directly, through eero, through a business membership.

So if I modify my family plan to a regular one or simply close my 1Password account (or the Eero one for that matter), then they will have to contact you so you can transfert their data/vaults to their own personal account from then on. Right? :)

If you stop paying, all accounts within the membership will be frozen -- read-only, so that the data can still be accessed to export if needed. If you delete the membership, all accounts within it will be deleted. In order to convert a family membership to an individual membership, you'd first need to remove all other user accounts; it's not possible to have an individual membership that includes multiple accounts. If you do decide to do something like that, I'd suggest telling them so they can first move their data to a new account of their own if they wish.

I hope this helps. :)

This discussion has been closed.