app is crashing repeatedly (p.s. do not add an account twice)

Scott LaPlante
Scott LaPlante
Community Member

I was trying to remove the old standalone vaults from my iOS app. It was unclear how to do this and part of the flow had me signing into an account where I was already signed in to.

This causes the app to crash, with neither an app close nor a phone reboot fixing the issue.

Replication Steps:
1) on iOS app, be signed into an account that you can access from elsewhere
2) go to Help > Advanced > Migrate vault to Account
2a) Here, this screen is rather confusing and pointless, since it's just an account selection and then you're stuck.
2b) but since going into the account to which you want to migrate a standalone vault doesn't do anything,
2c) you kind of feel like maybe what if you added the vault, does that do anything?
3) from the other device, go into the account and open the scan code
4) on iOS, scan that code in. It sort of signs you in, but then the app crashes
5) keep re-opening the app and it keeps crashing.
6) reboot your phone. doesn't work
7) seriously, you're kind of stuck now

1Password Version: 7.3.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.3.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Scott LaPlante!

Can you please send us a diagnostics report from this iOS device so we can see why the app is crashing for you? You can send it to support+forum@agilebits.com after you have generated it.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• aardWolf
    aardWolf
    Community Member

I'm a new user.. Just signed up for 1Password today. I installed the iOS app on the latest iOS beta, and it crashes immediately after I select "1Password.com" for signing in.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @aardWolf,

We are aware of some teething issues with the iOS 13 beta and we are making corrections in 1Password for iOS as we find them. You may want to join our beta program for 1Password for iOS as it will be the first place that will receive fixes. If that is something you're interested in our support page Use 1Password beta releases should detail everything you need to do :smile:

• aardWolf
    aardWolf
    Community Member

Thanks... sorry to hijack the thread. Didn't know if it was related or not.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

No worries @aardWolf. On this particular occasion your issues are likely separate because you're testing the iOS 13 beta. Each major new version of iOS, often macOS too can bring changes to 1Password and we're reacting to them as we learn :smile:

• catscout
    catscout
    Community Member

Today I started to use 1password 7.
    In my iPhone, with iOS 13 (17A5534f), when I try to add my existence account the 1password crashes.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @catscout,

Please see earlier in the conversation as it will apply to you as well given you're testing iOS 13 :smile:

• aardWolf
    aardWolf
    Community Member
    edited July 2019

I didn't get an email back from my request for a beta version, but I googled and found the public link to add it to TestFlight (which is apparently just the regular iOS download page). I've now got it installed and working on iOS 13 beta.

• Hey @aardWolf

It looks like the email was sent, so you may want to verify it didn't get caught in a spam filter etc:

To: [removed; same email as used on the forum]
    Subject: Re: [#GMZ-51425-917] Beta Sign up
    Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 11:28 (3 days ago)

Ben

• aardWolf
    aardWolf
    Community Member

@Ben I totally misread that email (I did get it.) . For some reason I thought it was saying I would be contacted. :-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.