How to unlock 1Password X all the time

miss_p1nky
miss_p1nky
Community Member
edited July 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello, I'm currently using the Firefox add-on of 1Password X. It's quite a hassle to log in every single time I open my browser. Is it possible to always unlock it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.15.7
OS Version: Windows 7 64 bit
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @miss_p1nky! Welcome to the forum!

You can do this, but the browser needs to remain open too. As 1Password X effectively quits when you quit the browser, it will follow your browser's behavior, so the solution would be to keep your browser open if you need 1Password X to stay unlocked longer.

• miss_p1nky
    miss_p1nky
    Community Member

Hi @ag_anna , thanks for the response however that doesn't solve or answer the problem :)

One more thing, I have turned off the 'Automatically lock 1Password' feature but still, every 10 minutes of inactivity, I am locked out of my vault.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@miss_p1nky: Your original question was,

It's quite a hassle to log in every single time I open my browser. Is it possible to always unlock it?

Which is why Ana answered it the way she did. :) You didn't mention you were having a problem, or what it was.

I have turned off the 'Automatically lock 1Password' feature but still, every 10 minutes of inactivity, I am locked out of my vault.

Where have you set that option exactly? What are you using exactly? For example, the specific browser version. And are you using something other then 1Password X, like the desktop app/extension, the web interface, etc? I'm sure with some information we can get to the bottom of it. :)

• miss_p1nky
    miss_p1nky
    Community Member

Hi, I believe the details of what I'm using is on my first post. I'm using Firefox at the moment.
    The 10 minute kicked-out thing is when I'm editing passwords in my vault.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@miss_p1nky: You haven't mentioned the browser version. That would be helpful for testing. Please let me know.

To clarify, do you mean that 1Password X is locking while you're in the middle of using it? Like, you're editing something, and then you're not anymore, because it's locked? Sorry if that seems like a silly question, but it's not something we've gotten any other reports of, so I want to make sure.

It would also be good to know if you're referring to editing in the 1Password.com web interface in your browser -- i.e. the website, not, say, our Windows app.

Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.