When I open mini, it first opens the full site. I click on it again and it opens as it should.

mghealy13
mghealy13
Community Member

Why does it open to the full site first

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.3.1
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:mini opening full site

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mghealy13! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please clarify what you mean by "full site"?

• mghealy13
    mghealy13
    Community Member

By full site, I mean the main 1P site, not the smaller mini site. I click on the mini icon and I get the full screen 1P. After that, the mini seems to work ok

• mghealy13
    mghealy13
    Community Member

I'm new to the forum so I'm not sure how to use it, but I have another question. When I go to 1P preferences and select Sync, the only Vault selection I get is Primary...even though I use another Personal vault. I want to make sure my Personal vault is syncing but can't see how to do it. Thanks.

• @mghealy13

By full site, I mean the main 1P site, not the smaller mini site. I click on the mini icon and I get the full screen 1P. After that, the mini seems to work ok

Okay, so you're getting this window:

Instead of this one:

Is that correct? Please let me know. Also are you clicking on the 1Password icon in the menu bar (up by the clock), or the one in your web browser's toolbar (by the address bar)? Which web browser are you using, and which version of the 1Password extension do you have installed within that browser?

I'm new to the forum so I'm not sure how to use it, but I have another question. When I go to 1P preferences and select Sync, the only Vault selection I get is Primary...even though I use another Personal vault. I want to make sure my Personal vault is syncing but can't see how to do it. Thanks.

When using a 1Password.com membership the Primary vault should be deleted, and you shouldn't see any sync preferences in the apps at all. Please move any items from Primary to Personal using the Help > Tools > Migrate Standalone Vaults to Account option from the menu bar. Once that process is complete please verify that you are able to sign in at https://my.1password.com (e.g. you know the Master Password for that). If you can sign in, then please delete the Primary vault:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

When using a membership syncing is handled entirely by 1Password.com. Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• mghealy13
    mghealy13
    Community Member

OK, I am clicking on the 1Password icon in the bar (by the clock). When I do, I get the first window you sent. I click on it once again and I get the second window you sent. I'm using Safari 12.1.2 and 1Password extension 7.3.1

On the syncing, I'll try what you recommended

• mghealy13
    mghealy13
    Community Member

Perfecto!! I tried what you recommended and everything works correctly. The mini launches correctly as does the main site from the tool bar. Also, there is no sync option anymore under 1Pass Preferences. Very nice. Once I get past the set up on 1Password, I love it.

• I'm glad to hear everything seems to be working better now. :) Please let us know if you have any further questions or difficulties.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.