Difficulty filling after upgrade

This discussion was created from comments split from: auto fill the form.

Comments

• Phill84
    Phill84
    Community Member

Hello, same problem here I've just updated to the new 1P7 on my macbook pro (15 inch 2017, 10.14.5) and I can't autofill the forms with my saved passwords. I can only copy and manually paste them

• Hi @Phill84

Welcome to the 1Password Support Forum. My apologies for the difficulty with getting 1Password 7 working in your web browser. Could you please let me know which browser you're using, and which version of the 1Password extension is installed in it?

Thanks!

Ben

• Phill84
    Phill84
    Community Member

Hi @Ben
    I have the problem on all the browsers. Currently I'm trying on Chrom with the extension version 4.7.5.90

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @Phill84,

1Password 7 was our first paid update since we first released 1Password 4 for Mac some time ago. Our 1Password account users (our subscription based service) are entitled to the update as part of the ongoing subscription but for many of our older users they may only have ever known the licence model. As 1Password 7 requires a brand new licence if you only have a 1Password 4-6 licence then 1Password 7 will be in a read-only state and it will not fill. Could that be what is happening here?

If 1Password 7 is in a read-only state it ought to be displaying a splash screen asking you to either create/add a 1Password account or buried in the same screen an option for purchasing a licence. This splash screen would be one way to say with confidence if this is the case.

This discussion has been closed.