To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I lost my Authenticator app and I cannot log in

ExpertAtNothing
ExpertAtNothing
Community Member

But I have all the data in the emergency kit. Like my 1Password Master Password. Help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: 1Password Account (Membership)
Referrer: forum-search:Lost my 2fa help

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ExpertAtNothing!

As a first quick attempt, can you please try the following and see if it helps? Go to a browser where you’ve signed into 1Password before (it’s important that you try this on a known browser, even on a different device) and sign in to your account on 1Password.com. Then, click your name in the top right and choose My Profile. Finally, click More Actions > Turn Off Two-Factor Authentication.

Should this not be enough, please let me know and I will send you some questions to verify your identity and temporarily disable 2FA on your account.

• ExpertAtNothing
    ExpertAtNothing
    Community Member

I'm not logged in anywhere

• ExpertAtNothing
    ExpertAtNothing
    Community Member

I'm letting you know like you said in your message:Have this know

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2019

@ExpertAtNothing: thank you for the confirmation! I will reach out to you via email shortly so we can start the verification phase over there, without sharing information on a public forum :)

ref: RPL-16895-139

• ExpertAtNothing
    ExpertAtNothing
    Community Member

Yes you got the right email

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Perfect, let's continue over there then ;)

• ExpertAtNothing
    ExpertAtNothing
    Community Member

The email you have is not my 1password email

• ExpertAtNothing
    ExpertAtNothing
    Community Member

I always use a different email for all my online accounts different from my 1Password email for security

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for confirming this. I will close this so we don't duplicate support efforts.

This discussion has been closed.