Sync between 2 vaults on the same computer

henrystukenborg
henrystukenborg
Community Member

Hi,

After switching to a 1Password7 account I realized I still had my primary vault syncing with iCloud and all of my new password entries put in that older vault. Now I want to get them back in sync and switch to using the 1Password cloud to sync; however, I don't see a way to sync vaults on the same computer. Any tips?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.1 (70301008) 1Password Sto
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2019

Hi @henrystukenborg

Welcome to the 1Password Support Forum. :)

You should be able to use the Help > Tools > Migrate Standalone Vaults to Account menu option in 1Password 7 for Mac to move your data from the Primary vault to your account. Once complete I'd recommend making sure you are able to log in at https://my.1password.com/ and view all of your data. After you confirm that please delete the Primary vault:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• henrystukenborg
    henrystukenborg
    Community Member
    edited July 2019

Thanks for getting back to me, Ben! Unfortunately that option is grayed out...

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2019

Greetings @henrystukenborg,

There is an alternative approach that should help here.

1. From the main 1Password window select just your Primary vault.
    2. Sort the vault by date modified. This is configurable with the option directly below the search field in the Item List pane. I would also recommend sorting from newest to oldest.
    3. Select all the items with a date modified that is newer than when the 1Password account was created.
    4. Copy these items over to your 1Password account vault.
    5. Delete the Primary vault so that you are only left with your 1Password account. To remove your Primary vault, choose Vault menu > Switch to Vault > Primary. Then choose Vault menu > Delete Vault. (that line is an extract from our ;Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account page).

If you're unsure about any stage or anything isn't clear please do say before proceeding.

Now you will have duplicate items in your 1Password account vault but you can remove the older ones and leave just the newer one of the two. If in any doubt alter the title of one and then confirm you know which one is good by using it before deleting the other.

I like the date modified sorting because it allows you to find not just the most recent additions but any that have been modified as well.

This discussion has been closed.