Im trying to login to my iphone and i keep getting a "invalid login information"

marcy11
marcy11
Community Member

I have my recovery emergency kit I have tried to log in with all the information on the kit on my IPhone and I continue to get a Invalid login information. I have tried to copy QR link as well and neither of them work. However login into my desktop no problem!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Im trying to login to my iphone and i keep getting a "invalid login information"

Comments

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

Hi @marcy11 and welcome to our forums! Sorry to hear you're having some trouble signing in to 1Password on your iPhone – I'd be happy to help.

You mentioned using 1Password with no trouble on your desktop, which is great, and can help you get signed in on your iPhone. You can show an up-to-date Setup Code (the magical and scannable QR code that contains your sign-in address, email address, and Secret Key) on your desktop following our steps here. On a Mac, that's done like this:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Choose 1Password > Preferences.
    3. Click the Accounts icon, then select the account you're trying to sign in to.
    4. Click “Set up other devices” to see your Setup Code.

From there, follow our Get the 1Password apps guide on your iPhone to scan that Setup Code, and then type in the Master Password you use to sign in to that account. Press Sign in, and one of two things will happen:

• You'll be signed in and all set, hurrah! The trouble was probably that your Emergency Kit was not up-to-date, so you can print a new one for next time.
    • You still can't sign in but we've narrowed down the cause of the trouble to your Master Password.

Let me know if the latter possibility comes true, or if you'd like any more assistance along the way, and I'll be right here to help you.

Henry

• marcy11
    marcy11
    Community Member

Hi Henry,

I have tried using QR and it did not work. I have also tried resetting my account and continue having issues

• Hi @marcy11

You mentioned that you're able to access 1Password on your computer. If you look in 1Password > Preferences > All Vaults on the computer do you see a vault called "Primary" listed there?

Ben

• marcy11
    marcy11
    Community Member

Ben:
    Yes i have two a private and a company shared file.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2019

Gotcha. I think that might explain some of the difficulty. Are you able to sign in at https://my.1password.com/? If not, can you please check in the Private vault and see if there is a Login item for 1Password.com saved in there? If there is, is that the password you're entering at my.1password.com?

I don't want to confuse the issue further, but for some context: the way 1Password unlocks is:

1. If a Primary vault exists then unlock using the Master Password for that vault, regardless of what, if any, memberships are signed in
    2. If a single 1Password membership is signed in then unlock using the Master Password for that membership account
    3. If multiple memberships are signed in then unlock using the Master Password of the first added membership

These are each exclusive scenarios. For example, if multiple memberships are signed in, you cannot unlock 1Password using the Master Password of the second account that was added. If that helps you understand what is going on, great! If not, and it just contributes to the confusion, then ignore it. :)

Ben

• amywwc
    amywwc
    Community Member

Hi Ben,
    I am in a similar situation. 1Password works fine on my laptop (Mac) and my iPhone 6. I even transferred to a new iPhone recently with no issues. However I have been unsuccessful in logging into my iPad (I use the QR code from my phone or laptop and my master password and it says master password not valid) I have updated to the latest version of 1Password, and followed the steps to delete and re-add the app many times. I am not able to sign in at my.1password.com, nor do I see a separate master password in any vault.
    As background, members of my family had our own 1Password accounts, and at some point my brother created a “family” vault and added us all in. I am not sure what to do . . .

• Hi @amywwc

If you open 1Password and use the vault switcher in the upper left corner of the UI do you see a vault called "Primary"? If so, 1Password has been unlocking using the Master Password of that vault, which is not necessarily the same as the Master Password for your 1Password.com account. Also in the vault switcher you should see a Personal vault. If you switch to that vault you should see a Login item for 1Password.com which will have the Master Password for your account recorded on it.

Ben

• amywwc
    amywwc
    Community Member

Hi—yes, I see a vault called “Primary” and I see the “Personal” vault in the vault switcher. However in “Personal” the only 1password item I see is “1Password 5 software license ” (which obviously is not a login). Is it possible it is named something else in my list of logins?

• @amywwc

It is possible you've changed the name of the item or deleted it. Ultimately if you're not able to remember/locate the correct Master Password the only recourse would be to sign up for a new account, migrate your data over to that, and then delete the current account. You can do that using these instructions:

1. Sign up for a new membership: https://start.1password.com/sign-up/plan
      Be sure to print your Emergency Kit and write the Master Password that you choose in on it. I'd recommend doing this from a computer, rather than a mobile device.
    2. Add that membership account to your devices
    3. Move any data that you want to keep from any of your vaults into this new membership: Move and copy items
    4. Verify that you can sign in at https://my.1password.com using the credentials from the Emergency Kit and you can see all of your data there
    5. Reset 1Password on each of your devices: on iOS you can do this by uninstalling and reinstalling. On Mac select Help > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password Data
    6. Delete the old account by following the prompts on this page: https://my.1password.com/support
    7. Sign in to the new account on each device

Once complete you should be able to unlock each device with the Master Password of the new account and be able to see all of your data on each of them.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.