To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

upgraded to 1password 7 and now I have no access to autofill of logins etc

davidcelebrant
davidcelebrant
Community Member

HI there. I have used 1password for about 3-4 years now having purchased it via the App Store. Everything worked fine until I saw the upgrade to 7. I assumed that as I have purchased a lifetime app the upgrade was simple. I am not sure why I cannot autofill log ins and credit card details etc. If I have to purchase a subscription for an app I already own, then I want to remove this and then go back to what I had, which worked perfectly.

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac Mojave 10.14.5
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @davidcelebrant! Welcome to the forum!

You purchased a lifetime license for 1Password version 6, which means that you got all the updates to 1Password 6 included in your purchase price. 1Password 7 is a paid upgrade though.

If you look inside your Applications folder, do you see both 1Password 6 and 7 there?

• davidcelebrant
    davidcelebrant
    Community Member
    edited July 2019

Yes there is a zip folder with 1password6. I was really happy with that. Can I delete "7" and go back to 6. If I just delete and remove "7" and then will I need to reload the software for 6.

• @davidcelebrant

1Password 7 requires either a separate license purchase or a 1Password membership. We're no longer advertising licenses, but they are available for customers who are already familiar with that situation and are comfortable with the "DIY" approach they offer. I'd highly recommend taking a look at 1Password membership, which will give you access to the latest versions of 1Password for all of your compatible devices (no more separate upgrade fees). You can read about the benefits here:

About 1Password membership

If you decide to upgrade to membership instructions for that can be found here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

You asked about the possibility of going back to 1Password 6... We can't recommend using an older version. As a security focused company we'd always recommend running the latest versions of all of your software, but especially your operating system, web browser(s), and 1Password. If you opt to revert to an earlier version that is your prerogative, but it isn't something we can recommend. If you do decide to do that it should be looked at as a temporary measure to get you by until you decide how to move forward. Instructions on doing that can be found here.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.