Full restore of Personal Vault.

HDOtter
HDOtter
Community Member

I screwed up. I had removed my local vaults when upgrading to 1Password 7 on my primary MacBook Pro. I then went to an older iMac and did the upgrade. There is where I screwed up -- I deleted all of the content (2,400+ items) from the Personal rather than the Primary. Obviously this quickly synced back to my MacBook Pro so now I have an empty Vault. My iPhone still has the data since I shutdown my wireless connection before opening the app and can still see all of the items. I can see the Deleted items in the Trash from the Primary (I assume) but I can't do a bulk restore from there (can I?). I don't really want to do a 1 by 1 restore of 2,400 items. I have Time Machine backups and I hope that 1Password cloud service has prior copies. How can I get back to a recent version pre-screwup?

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:restore from 1password

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @HDOtter,

You should be able to do a bulk restore using 1Password for Mac. Navigate to the Trash and select everything. As long as a single item in the Trash is selected in the Item List pane you can either use the keyboard shortcut ⌘A or the menu option Edit > Select All. Use the menu option Item > Restore from Trash to perform a bulk restore.

If that doesn't work for you please let us know but I think that will get you sorted :smile:

• HDOtter
    HDOtter
    Community Member

Thanks, @littlebobbytables that worked. My mistake had been selecting all and then clicking the Restore button in the detail/edit pane. That would only restore the last record. the Item > Restore option did the trick. Much appreciated!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @HDOtter,

I've made that very mistake myself, sounds like the UI (User Interface) could use a tweak. I think I'll file an issue on that.

ref: apple-4071

This discussion has been closed.