Is there a better control of password updates?

iwaddo
iwaddo
Community Member

It is great that 1P prompts me to add a new or update existing login or password details when it thinks an update is required.

But, is there a way of stopping this prompt when I have only used 1P to find a selection of random characters from a password and not actually changed anything?

1Password Version: 7.3.2-BETA.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:password update

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @iwaddo!

But, is there a way of stopping this prompt when I have only used 1P to find a selection of random characters from a password and not actually changed anything?

I am not sure I understand this part. Can you please clarify?

• iwaddo
    iwaddo
    Community Member

Hi, @ag_ana, sorry not to have replied sooner, I do not need to login in very often and I do not recall getting a notification.

When I login in to my bank or one of many other sites I need to provide characters from my password, say characters 1, 3 & 5. I use 1P to find these letters which I have to manually enter into the login prompt. When I press enter to complete the login process 1P pops up and asks me if I want to update my password which of course I don't as I have not actually changed anything.

Can I stop 1P prompting under these circumstances?

Thank you for your help.

Regards

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@iwaddo

Ah, I see, you have a second step for your bank and 1Password is interpreting that as a password field. You can't set 1Password to not prompt for those fields specifically, but you can set 1Password to not prompt to save passwords for the entire domain in general if you'd like. The settings for that are within the Browsers tab of 1Password's preferences.

• iwaddo
    iwaddo
    Community Member

@Corey_C This works, excellent, thank you.

All I need now is a button on the 1P prompt pop-up where I can automatically add the entire domain to the 'not to prompt' list with a single click.

Thank you for your help.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@iwaddo

It's already there.

See that gear button on the bottom left of the pop up? Click it and there is an option to never prompt to save passwords on that site.

• iwaddo
    iwaddo
    Community Member

@Corey_C Excellent, I cannot believe you managed to develop and deploy that so quickly, great service, thank you 😉

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Corey_C, you are welcome @iwaddo! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.