X requesting I log in twice

I originally had my own family account then my employer purchased 1password business so now I have two accounts but my family one is now covered by the business account somehow.

When I log in to 1password, using either X or the app, Chrome and Brave both pop up a new tab saying I need to log in and provide secret passphrase. I just close the tabs without entering any data and everything continues to function normally except using X I can't save passwords to the business account, I can only save them to my personal family account.

I don't want to have to log in three times (once using the app or extension, then again in the new tabs that both Chrome and Brave open) and I don't think I should have to provide my secret key every time I log in.

1Password Version: 7.3.2.BETA-2 (70302002)
Extension Version: 1.16.6
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @SpeedyCorndog – thanks for getting in touch! You're right in that you shouldn't have to provide your Secret Key every time you sign in. Your Master Password is how you'll be unlocking your account, but your Secret Key should be cached. That being said, 1Password X does require you to re-authenticate when a change is made to an account (enable/disable 2FA, update email, change Secret Key/Master Password, etc.). To solve it, please visit your 1Password sign in domain (for your business account) and log into your account again (with your new credentials if they've recently changed). That should fix the connection with 1Password X, but let me know if that doesn't seem to do the trick!

• SpeedyCorndog
    SpeedyCorndog
    Community Member

Yes that fixed it. Thank you very much. Convenience is restored.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of kaitlyn, you are welcome!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.