On Chrome, 1Password regularly locks and I have to sign my master password again. What can I do?

dreider
dreider
Community Member

It feels as if the app is timing out. For a while, I can continue to fill in passwords with the app and all is fine. But if I'm not signing in anywhere for a while, it just locks up on me. Really irritating. Is there an option to keep it unlocked until I close out of the app?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:On Chrome, 1Password defaults to locked and I have to sign my master password again

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @dreider,

If you have 1Password for Mac and the companion extension then you will want to check the Security tab in 1Password's preferences. There is a section titled Auto-lock with a number of options on when 1Password will lock.

If you have a 1Password account and have instead decided to use the standalone extension 1Password X then it has its own settings. The best resource here will be our support page Get to know 1Password X: Manage your settings.

Does any of that help tweak 1Password's auto-lock settings to better fit your needs?

• dreider
    dreider
    Community Member

Perfect - thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of littlebobbytables, you are welcome!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.