Can't log in to app on iPhone after iOS re-install

Options
Wind_Rider_65
Wind_Rider_65
Community Member

I recently had to re-install the iOS app on my iPhone. After reinstalling the 1P app, I cannot log in using my username and password. I can log in to 1P on my MacBook Pro using the same username and password. How do I resolve this issue?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.1.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Wind_Rider_65

Do you have a vault called "Primary" on the MacBook Pro?

Please let me know.

Ben

• Wind_Rider_65
    Wind_Rider_65
    Community Member
    Options

Yes. I do have a primary vault on my MacBook Pro.

• Ben
    Options

That would explain it. :) If you look in the Personal vault on the MacBook Pro do you have a Login item for 1Password.com saved? If so that would have your 1Password account Master Password on it. That's the one you'll need to enter to set up 1Password on your iPhone.

The way 1Password unlocks is:

1. If a Primary vault exists then unlock using the Master Password for that vault, regardless of what, if any, memberships are signed in
    2. If a single 1Password membership is signed in then unlock using the Master Password for that membership account
    3. If multiple memberships are signed in then unlock using the Master Password of the first added membership

These are each exclusive scenarios. For example, if multiple memberships are signed in, you cannot unlock 1Password using the Master Password of the second account that was added. Because of this complexity and confusion we recommend deleting the Primary vault after moving all data to 1Password.com membership vaults:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Wind_Rider_65
    Wind_Rider_65
    Community Member
    Options

Tried that. The problem is that I can't open the 1P app. The password I used before does not work. That master password is the same as I use on my MBP. What next?

• Ben
    Options

I don't follow. What did you try?

Ben

• Wind_Rider_65
    Wind_Rider_65
    Community Member
    Options

The problem is that I can't log in to the app. Therefore I can't get to selecting vaults or adding members.
    How do I resolve that?

• Ben
    Options

Okay. You said you could unlock 1Password on your MacBook Pro. Or did I misunderstand? If you can unlock 1Password on your MacBook Pro please look for a Login item for 1Password.com there. Do you see one?

Ben

• azcoop
    azcoop
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem as this guy, Ben.. I wrote to support days ago, but no one contacted me. I reinstalled 1P on my iPhone XR. It crashes. I see a quick glimpse then gone. I sent a link via air drop from iMac to iPhone. It still crashes.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@azcoop:

We have been replying to you over here, but we haven't heard back from you yet. Let's keep the conversation going in that thread so we keep everything in one place.

This discussion has been closed.