macos 10.15 developer beta 5

European11
European11
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi, the current version of 1Password 7 beta doesn't work any more (the vault and the account seem to be empty) after having updated to macos 10.15 developer beta 5. It worked fine with macos 10.15 developer beta 4.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macos 10.15 developer beta 5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:macos 10.15 developer beta 5

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @European11,

That's very odd. While I wouldn't be surprised if each beta highlights something that wasn't present when using with Mojave that sounds I'd surprised by the scale of the issue you're reporting.

As you have a 1Password account let's start by confirming, if you sign into the account in your preferred browser are all the expected vaults and items present?

If they are then we know we can safely proceed with any number of troubleshooting approaches but I think we would like to grab a diagnostic report as well just to see if it highlights at all what has happened. Let's start with confirming that your account seems fine from the web interface and we'll take it from there.

• xz4gb8
    xz4gb8
    Community Member

No Problem with 1Password 7 Version 7.3.2.BETA-0 (70302000) 1Password Beta
    Running on

• xz4gb8
    xz4gb8
    Community Member

That is, no problem except a continuing ambiguity between Go and Autofill behavior. I never can predict which will appear; often Go produces correct Autofill behavior. This is common between Mojave and Catalina.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @xz4gb8,

We released BETA-2 on the 31st, are you seeing the same issue with the current beta?

Just to clarify, the correct behaviour in 1Password mini ought to be if a Login item matches the current tab the button will display as AutoFill to indicate it will attempt to fill the current tab. If it isn't a match it should display as Go to indicate open-and-fill.

Is the issue the button's text doesn't match the correct behaviour but if the button is clicked the correct behaviour does occur i.e. 1Password mini should display the text AutoFill but instead displays as Go but clicking does fill the current tab or vice versa.

• xz4gb8
    xz4gb8
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables
    Press of business has limited my attention to this problem. I have updated 1Password Beta continuously as new version appear.

1P Mini seems to be behaving according to "the correct behavior". My recollection is that Go sometimes appears instead of AutoFill which I then have to ignore as the correct page is already displayed.

So far, clicking on Go while thinking Autofill has not caused any dire consequences, just mild distraction.

This discussion has been closed.