Help sorting out installation of stand-alone family license on 2 mac powerbooks and 2 iPhones

I have a family stand-alone license and have just used it on my Mac PB for a couple of years. I finally tried to extend that to an install on my wife's PB and both of our iPhones. and have a mess on my hands with little that I can find in the way of support for v6 stand-alone. I .
apparently have installed v7 on my PB with v6 still in a zip file. I've got some version installed on my iPhone but no version of 1PW on my wife's PB or iPhone. How can I preserve my 1PW data and get the stand-alone version installed on two PB's and two iPhones? Oh, and the fields at the botttom of this message remind me that I have also lost my Chrome ext. installation.

1Password Version: 6 and 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Help sorting out installation of stand-alone family license on 2 mac powerbooks and 2 iPhones

Comments

• Hi @konnersman

1Password 6 has been retired for over a year now, and is no longer receiving updates. 1Password 7 requires either a separate license purchase or a 1Password membership. We're no longer advertising licenses, but they are available for customers who are already familiar with that situation and are comfortable with the "DIY" approach they offer. I'd highly recommend taking a look at 1Password membership, which will give you access to the latest versions of 1Password for all of your compatible devices (no more separate upgrade fees). You can read about the benefits here:

About 1Password membership

If you decide to upgrade to membership instructions for that can be found here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

We can't recommend using an older version. As a security focused company we'd always recommend running the latest versions of all of your software, but especially your operating system, web browser(s), and 1Password. If you opt to revert to an earlier version that is your prerogative, but it isn't something we can recommend. That said, licenses never expire, and so you can continue using any version you've licensed for as long as it works for you. If you'd like to revert to v6 instructions can be found here, but that should be considered a temporary measure. As things continue to evolve around the now retired v6 it will be less and less practical to continue using it. For example, the upcoming Safari 13 will be using an all new extension framework, and as such will not work with v6.

It is no longer possible to install 1Password 6 for iOS, but v7 is backwards compatible with v6. You can find that here:

1Password for iOS on the App Store

Oh, and the fields at the botttom of this message remind me that I have also lost my Chrome ext. installation.

Once you get the 1Password app squared away you can install the Chrome extension here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-extension-deskt/aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.