Read only warning in paid version of password

version 4.6 installed on PC (windows) for a few years already (with a license) It has full functionality but lately , when trying to save a new password Ireceive a read only message. Can you point me in the right direction? I have enclosed a screen shot of t the error message. Many thanks. Bryan![]

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bryan669: What's in your screenshot is 1Password 7. Unless you have purchased a license for that and applied it to the app, it will be restricted to read-only. You listed 1Password 4 in your version, but if you're seeing that, you definitely have version 7 installed in Windows. That's not a bad idea since the old version will not work with recent Chrome releases, but you'd either need to purchase a license for it or get it as part of a 1Password membership. You can find more details in the announcement at the top of this forum category:

1Password 4 legacy support information

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• bryan669
    bryan669
    Community Member

Can I send you a screenshot of my license which states it's version 4.6? I didn't want to post it as I'm presuming it's "open for the public" (-:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@bryan669:

I believe that brenty was not referring to your license, but that he meant that the version you installed is 1Password 7. If purchased version 4.6, but you installed version 7 instead, the app will be read-only.

In other words, you need to either download the old version 4 which you purchased, or you need to purchase a license for 1Password 7 (which is recommended so you can use the latest version of the app) :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bryan669: You can send it to support@1password.com if necessary. However, a license for 1Password for Windows version 4 only works with that specific version, not, as in this example, 1Password 7. You could continue using 1Password 4 with that license, but you'd need to uninstall 1Password 7, and use a different browser. If you email in though I can take a look and help you make the transition to a membership, since that includes all of the apps and updates. :)

This discussion has been closed.