I need to get 1Password installed and working on Fire TV. A long-standing request by others.

NateS
NateS
Community Member

I need to get 1Password installed and working on Fire TV. A long-standing request by others.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Fire TV
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:fire tv

Comments

• NateS
    NateS
    Community Member

By installing the Google Play Store on my Fire Tablet, I am able to use 1Password on my Fire tablet.
    Can I do the same thing and install 1Password on my Fire TV?
    If not, why not?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

We do not make any software for Amazon Fire TV. I guess it's possible that you could find a way to do it, but it's not something we can support or recommend. 1Password for Android is designed for full-featured Android devices. The further away from that you get, a lot of things will not work as expected, or simply not work at all. It's no different than if you try to use Windows software on Linux. There are ways to do it, but it's a hack at best. I'm having trouble even imagining how one would interact with a mobile app running on a TV. It doesn't sound pretty. But it could be fun to mess around with if you're okay with just seeing if you can. :)

• bk_heights
    bk_heights
    Community Member

Hulu, Netflix, etc all can be accessed from a Fire TV icon. We want to hit the icon and go to Netflix. Can't do that if I have 1Password Netflix password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You can view your login credentials in 1Password on a device that supports it in order to enter it on any other device that does not.

This discussion has been closed.