How can I access my same vault from different OS’s?

Here’s the deal:
a) Windows PC running 1Password 4.6.2.626 and Pixel 2XL running 1Password 6.5.2
b) Shared vault on Dropbox; both app versions and platforms seem to sync fine
c) Want to add third device to access and sync same vault - specifically an iOS 12 iPhone XR.

Item c) does not work. Some vault items don’t show up and it also doesn’t look like sync works.

How can this be made to work? Plus, I have a notion to try and add an OS X computer.

Thanks.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@oharamj: I'd recommend getting setup with a 1Password membership, as that includes all of the apps and updates, and has built-in sync so you're not relying on a 3rd party service (which, frankly, we won't have any ability to fix if there's an issue with someone else's sync service). Specific to your situation, that will allow you to use the latest 1Password apps on each platform (since what you have now is out of date) and not deal with additional purchases, file formats, and sync configuration. This guide will take you through signing up, migrating your data on your main device, and then setting up the others:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

And if you have any questions along the way, just let me know. Happy to help. :)

• oharamj
    oharamj
    Community Member

My god. I just read the guide at the link. With three different OSs (arguably four) it’s just a nightmare. Let me ask this... I’m in the process of converting all my platforms back to Apple iOS and OSX. Actually, I could operate with 1Password only for iOS since they’re handheld while my OSX is all old desktop systems (at least for now). Questions:

1. How to convert over my old 1Password Windows and Android DropBox vaults (4.x and 6.x) into a current 1Password iOS vault (7.x)?

2. Given 4 iOS devices, how much would this cost?

Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@oharamj: Thanks for getting back to me. While it may seem overwhelming at first glance, it's really just a matter of transferring your existing data to the account, and then setting up that same account on your other devices. We break it down step by step so it's manageable and quick, and of course we're here if you have any questions along the way. :)

To answer your questions:

How to convert over my old 1Password Windows and Android DropBox vaults (4.x and 6.x) into a current 1Password iOS vault (7.x)?

Any of the apps can read your existing data and convert it as needed. The important thing is to do it on one device and then setup all the others to use the same data. Otherwise you'd end up with a bunch of duplicate data and confusion.

Given 4 iOS devices, how much would this cost?

A 1Password membership is the same price regardless of how many devices you use it on. Everything is included in your membership, and you just sign in on each device to access your data.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.