UI icon suggestion

marco_giorgio
marco_giorgio
Community Member

Hi,
I would like to suggest to change the icon used in 1Password online vault to move/copy an item to another safe.
In my humble opinion it's a bit misleading. I thought that the button was used to launch the website in a new browser's tab. Just a suggestion, no big deal
Thanks

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @marco_giorgio! :)

I believe that the reason why we use that icon is because it's the share icon that is used by Apple in their operating systems.

And thank you very much for taking time out of your day to to share this feedback! We appreciate every idea that could make 1Password even better.

• marco_giorgio
    marco_giorgio
    Community Member

I get it, I didn't know because I've never used an Apple product. I know that 1Password originally was developed just for Apple users. Maybe it would be a good idea to re design some icons in a more universal way in order to make the experience consistent across every platform?
    Again, just another suggestion. Have a good day!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@marco_giorgio:

Apple was just an example, they are not the only one using this type of icon: Microsoft now uses a similar one too.

But we can certainly keep an eye out for similar reports, so thank you again for bringing this to our attention :)

This discussion has been closed.