To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

What Vault does a visitor to a family account have access to?

wbw
wbw
Community Member
edited August 2019 in Memberships

I have a Subscription account and my wife accesses my 1P as a Visitor. What vault does a visitor to a family account have access to?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.2 (70302004) 1Password Sto
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:What Vault does a visitor to a family account have access to?

Comments

• Hey @wbw, welcome to the forum!

You can give guests access to one vault at a time with a 1Password membership, but guests won't have their own private vault to store items in, so it's normally more useful for sharing certain passwords with people like accountants, lodgers, and so on. You can choose which vault you want a guest to access. To do this:

1. Click Vaults in the sidebar, then click the name of the vault you want to share
    2. Click Manage in the People section
    3. Select the guests you want to share with and then click Update Family Members

If you both want to store your own logins separate from each other, but also want to share some of your logins between you (perhaps for things like utility accounts), then you could always add your wife as a family member rather than a guest to a 1Password Families membership instead, as then you'll both be able to make the most of 1Password.

Let me know how you get on, and we're here for you if you have any questions! :smile:

• @wbw: Also just a friendly reminder that this is a public forum, so I've edited your post to remove any personal information for you :+1:

This discussion has been closed.