firefox extension is grey, can't click to fill in password

firefox extension is grey, can't click to fill in password, where do I start. It was working before the firefox bug, then the update came out was supposed to fix. extension is showing up as fine in the addons section but is grey and i can't click.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: win. 7
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• ewibolo1
    ewibolo1
    Community Member

found the answer - go to 1password 4, click on help, the enable native messaging.

• Thanks for sharing the solution, @ewibolo1! Curious that the issue with Firefox addons would disable Native Messaging, but I suppose it isn't totally unreasonable. Mozilla did mention that, under some circumstances, settings for certain addons may have been affected. Regardless, I'm pleased you found a solution. This ordeal has been a struggle for all of us and I'll be thrilled to see all of our customers back up and running today. :chuffed:

• singski
    singski
    Community Member

That answer (enable native messaging) did not work for me. I did turn on the "Tune 1Password for max performance" (Help/Advanced tab) and it immediately worked. Keeping my fingers crossed!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for sharing this solution too @singski! :+1:

• Carl131
    Carl131
    Community Member

Thank you @ewibolo1 . I had to do a windows upgrade and reinstall and I forgot about this mod to the default configuration.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

• Earlito
    Earlito
    Community Member

@singski @ewibolo1 thanks both. ewis hint worked for me, muchas gracias!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for letting us know that this worked for you too :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.