How can I get past 2fa on Android login to 1Password - on the same android device

Options
John_Y
John_Y
Community Member

Setting up 1Password and want to use 2fa - no problem when usig a desktop.

But when using the Android device it needs the 2fa to get in but when I open the Authenticator (on the same device) to get the code it then asks me to re-enter my master password in 1Password when I switch back.

By the time I have done that the 2fa code has expired (or I have forgotten it!)

I realise that I must be either very slow or singularly stupid but I can't get beyond this on the Android device!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:2fa on android

Comments

• saad
    edited August 2019
    Options

1Password for Android offers a feature to automatically copy your one-time password after Autofilling your login credentials. To enable this feature, open 1Password and go to Settings > Autofill, and enable Auto-copy one-time password. Now, you can paste the code in after filling your username and password without needing to switch apps.

By default, 1Password will automatically lock when you leave the app, and require your Master Password when you return. You can adjust this behaviour by going into 1Password’s Settings > Security and disable Lock on Exit. This will prevent 1Password from locking when the app is backgrounded. You’ll find a few other preferences on this screen. Enable Fingerprint Unlock to use the device's fingerprint scanner to unlock and access your 1Password data. You can also adjust when 1Password should automatically lock when it is not used by setting the Automatically lock preference.

I hope that helps. Let us know if you have any questions!

This discussion has been closed.