Cannot access 1Password on my iMac

I have been a 1Password user for several years. I also have the app on my iPhone. Today I went to get into my 1Password on my iMac and it acts as if I have never had it before. It asks if I would like to search for the data...but doesn't find it for me. I can still use it to log into various sites on Firefox..so I know the information is there....just isn't connecting. The iPhone app is fine. Please advise??

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, morningmoon. Sorry for the trouble you're experiencing. The easiest way to recover your data, as quickly as possible, is to ignore that welcome screen and click File > Restore Data File from Backup. 1Password creates automatic, regular backups of your data file, and you can restore a recent backup from the window that will appear when you click that option.

Of course, the important thing to figure out is what happened here. Could you please tell us which version of 1Password you're using (1Password > About 1Password) and whether you use Dropbox to sync your 1Password data? We may ask you to (privately) send us a troubleshooting report, later, but let's start with this for now.
  • jeffthechef
    jeffthechef
    Community Member
    I'm having the exact same problem. i can access 1password (version 3.8.3) through Firefox on both macs but when I launch the app it can't find the data file. When i choose "Restore Data file from backup" it shows a backup from almost three weeks ago, I would lose data if I chose that. The thing that is confusing is that three weeks ago I started using dropbox to sync between two macs and it works perfectly. I just can not launch the app now.
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, Jeff. Sorry to hear you're experiencing this problem as well. The first thing I recommend is updating 1Password to the latest version. Since you cannot open the application, you can download version 3.8.7 directly from our web site. Open your Applications folder and drag 1Password to the Trash, then install version 3.8.7. Instead of launching the application directly, try opening your Dropbox folder and double-clicking the 1Password.agilekeychain file.

Additionally, please send us your diagnostics so we can try to understand what's going on. Click Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report and attach the generated report to a new private discussion on our new support site.

Thanks for your help!
This discussion has been closed.