Clicking open and fill in opens 1Password Mini instead of Chrome Browser

Philipp
Philipp
Community Member

Hi,

A friend of mine click on the open and fill in button inside 1Password. But instead of starting Chrome and open selected website 1Password shows 1Password Mini. That's it.

When he change the standard browser to Safari, 1Password is working normal. When he switch back to standard browser is Chrome, the same problem is back again.

Have you any idea? Thanks for helping hands,
Philipp

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Philipp,

We have a record of a bug in 1Password where if Chrome has no active window things don't work properly. Could that be what your friend is experiencing or is this something else? The bug I'm thinking of doesn't affect Safari so things working in Safari would fit with what we know about the bug so far.

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

I think you are right. Please let me know when you could resolve this bug. Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2019

Thank you for the confirmation @Philipp! You can also keep an eye out on the release notes when you see the new updates ;)

• TomD
    TomD
    Community Member

This is also occurring with Firefox.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@TomD:

Can you please share the steps that you are following so we can try to reproduce this?

• TomD
    TomD
    Community Member

The issue is exactly as described by the original poster, just substitute Firefox for Chrome. I resolved the issue by switching my default browser to Safari & the issue doesn't continue.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@TomD - if you have either all windows minimized into your Mac's Dock, or no windows open, then in both Chrome and Firefox, you'll experience this issue. It's not something we can address on our side of the code, unfortunately. Safari does not experience this problem, as you've discovered, but you should be able to use either Chrome or Firefox as long as you're not either minimizing your windows or running them with no windows open when you try to invoke 1Password. I've found the ⌘H keyboard combo to hide the browser (instead of minimizing) also allows it to work as you'd expect, as well. Hope that helps. :)

• TomD
    TomD
    Community Member

Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Lars, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.