Why is this suddenly showing on the Chrome beta extension?

The caution sign over the 1Password button.

exI14.png

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited September 2011
    from the release notes:

[2011-09-30 3.8.6.BETA-7=31103]

This beta update includes several improvements and updates.

[NEW] New toolbar icon.[NEW] Toolbar icons will now show error status when there is a problem.
    [CHANGED] Password history list available in Password Generator tab now sorts passwords by the time they were generated.
    [CHANGED] Password history list also shows age of the generated password.
    [CHANGED] Generated password detail view now shows time when the password was generated.
    [CHANGED] Improved copy/reveal options in item detail view.
    [FIXED] Fixed problems with scrolling long password history list (was broken in one of the previous beta builds).
    [FIXED] Fixed width of the 'View password history' button in Firefox.

Its new so I am not sure of the exact reason its showing up, maybe the browser needs to quit and restart. The Mac Safari extension mentions this specifically.
  • Is it because I'm not running the 1Password helper.
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    scottsy wrote:

Is it because I'm not running the 1Password helper.

Yes. If you disable/quit Helper, you'll see that badge on the icon.
  • charlie98
    charlie98
    Community Member
    I had the caution sign today in Chrome and 1PW would do nothing, not even accept a password. Eventually I switched to a different browser and an Adobe flash update was triggered. Upon installation I went back to Chrome and things started to work, not all at once, but over a period of time.

Is the extension dependent on Flash?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Is the extension dependent on Flash?

Not in any way, shape, or form. Absolutely not. Nope. No way. Nein. Nyet.

Even if we used Flash (which we do not) Chrome actually has its own version of Flash independent from the version installed on your system, so an update to Flash would have no effect on Flash within Chrome which is updated along with Chrome itself. It was just a coincidence on at least a couple different levels.

That said, I'm glad things are working well for you. :-) Please let us know if you start having trouble with the extension again.
This discussion has been closed.