To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Starting over

jdg1
jdg1
Community Member
edited August 2019 in Memberships

So... Once upon a time, I bought 1pw 6. After which, the company I was working with got a subscription to 1pw7. have 1pw 7 on my macbook pro. That being said, when i use login info to login to 1password online, I can only see the "company" vaults. The one that is "primary" and backed up to icloud... nowhere to be found.

I see a subscription for the "company" but the company no longer exists... i cant access the billing or anything else.

At this point, I feel like I just need to start over... my account, w/ my stuff. But i don't even know how `i would restore this primary vault on a new account cuz i cant access it anywhere... I tried exporting it, it wants a pw that IS NOT the pw for this subscription account.

Im so frustrated.. not even sure Im making any sense at all...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @jdg1

I'm sorry to hear about the frustration. I'd be happy to help.

At this point, I feel like I just need to start over... my account, w/ my stuff. But i don't even know how `i would restore this primary vault on a new account cuz i cant access it anywhere... I tried exporting it, it wants a pw that IS NOT the pw for this subscription account.

If you have this Primary vault added to 1Password then the Master Password for it is the same one you use to unlock 1Password. As you say, this may be different from your membership account Master Password. You should be able to remove the company membership from your installation, leaving just the Primary vault, but you will need that Master Password in order to do so. If you'd like to give that a try please select 1Password > Preferences > Accounts, select the account, and then click the - (minus) button.

Please note that 1Password 7 is a paid upgrade from 1Password 6. You're currently able to use it because of the company account. If you remove that you'd either need to purchase your own subscription membership or a standalone license (the former is recommended). You can learn about how to upgrade to your own membership here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Does that help?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.