backups in 1Password7 family account

Options
plouffejj
plouffejj
Community Member

We recently migrated to the 1Password7 family account from many years on a standalone 1Password6 account. I was interested in forcing a backup of the 1Password7 data but I did not find any option to do that in the preferences window. Is there still the notion of a backup? Is it possible to force a manual backup? And if there are backups, how do you restore from one (or a previous one)? There are no issues with my current account, I was going to erase an iPhone that contained 1Password7 and thought I should delete the app from the phone and then got to thinking about backups and how/if/when they occur.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:backups

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @plouffejj

Great question; thanks for asking. With 1Password membership backups are automatic. You can read about how they work, here:

1Password backups

I hope that helps!

Ben

• plouffejj
    plouffejj
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben, I will read up on the backup. If I sign out of 1Password7 on the iPhone and delete the app, does that only clear out all data and keys on the iPhone, and does not affect anything in the family account? I always have some uneasiness when deleting apps when you get the confirmation popup with the notice 'Deleting this app will also delete its data'.

• Ben
    Options

If I sign out of 1Password7 on the iPhone and delete the app, does that only clear out all data and keys on the iPhone, and does not affect anything in the family account?

Correct.

I always have some uneasiness when deleting apps when you get the confirmation popup with the notice 'Deleting this app will also delete its data'.

It is wise to be cautious. Not all apps work the same way. For example, when using 1Password without a membership, ignoring this warning could cause a bad day (/week/month). But with a membership your data is also stored on 1Password.com, so removing it from the iOS device isn't that big of a deal.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.