1Password X Inline Menu not showing on SulAmérica website

mckusck
mckusck
Community Member

Hi.

I am visiting that website: https://saude.sulamericaseguros.com.br/segurado/login

The username and password forms are these:

1. 1PWX does not detect the username/password login forms.

2. I cannot save them manually because when I right click on the password form, there is an option on the menu that makes 1PW appear. It happens that the inline menu logo appears, but when I click on it, nothing happens.

3. When I click on the 1PWx icon in the browser extension, I cannot find nowhere an option that is meant to save login/password manually. I followed the instructions in this link https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/, but it seems outdated, as it shows options that I do not find on 1PWx.

4. I managed to create a manual login from zero, using the link above, username (which seems not to be a usual "username" field, because it asks for brazilian social security number (called "CPF" in short) instead of username or e-mail. But with this method 1PWx fills only the password, not username field.

Furthermore, here are my browser specs:

And here are my 1PWx specs:

Sorry for the Portuguese info, but you may be able to correlate the options in english. Otherwise, I will glad to help.

Thanks.
Rafael.

1Password Version: Not Installed
_Extension Version: 1.16.6 (beta)
_OS Version: Windows 10 19.04 (fully updated)
_Sync Type:
Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2019

Hey @mckusck! Thanks for the detailed post here. It helps me out a ton, so I really appreciate it. :)

1. 1PWX does not detect the username/password login forms.

I'm seeing the same. I went ahead and filed an issue for our developers so we can take a look at how 1Password X can behave better on this site.

I cannot save them manually because when I right click on the password form, there is an option on the menu that makes 1PW appear. It happens that the inline menu logo appears, but when I click on it, nothing happens.

The inline menu is blocked on this page as well, which definitely doesn't do us any favors. I've got an issue filed for this one as well.

When I click on the 1PWx icon in the browser extension, I cannot find nowhere an option that is meant to save login/password manually. I followed the instructions in this link https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/, but it seems outdated, as it shows options that I do not find on 1PWx.

The article you linked is actually still valid, but it's for our desktop-dependent 1Password extension rather than 1Password X. They have very different user interfaces, so I understand why it'd be confusing!

I managed to create a manual login from zero, using the link above, username (which seems not to be a usual "username" field, because it asks for brazilian social security number (called "CPF" in short) instead of username or e-mail. But with this method 1PWx fills only the password, not username field.

You're right – the username field isn't what we'd consider "normal," but that doesn't necessarily mean that 1Password X can't fill it. The HTML type for the username field is actually "tel," which is short for telephone (probably because the developer of the site wanted the user to only be able to enter numbers).

After a few tweaks, I was able to get an item filling with 1Password X on this site. You will need to fill from the 1Password X popup for now, since the inline menu is blocked, though. I'd like to send you the item I've got filling, but in order to edit the item to reflect your own credentials, you'll have to have the 1Password for Windows app installed. Do you happen to have the 1Password desktop app on your computer?

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#657
    ref: x/b5x#1391

• mckusck
    mckusck
    Community Member

Hi @kaitlyn ! Thanks for the detailed reply! I was hoping that, by using 1PWx beta, it might have this issue fixed somehow but, as you noticed, it does not.

Anyway, the prints are coming from my work laptop, which I used to have 1PW desktop app, but for compliance reasons (and also because I was barely using it), I uninstalled. I do have it on my home laptop, though, but am using this website in my work laptop much more frequently.

I thought there were no differences (other than visual/user interface) between 1PWx extension and the desktop app. I will install it back here so you can send me, okay?

PS: I was not notified about your reply here (I just remembered and came here to check). Is there a way to activate a notification for any replies to my thread?
    Thanks.
    Rafael.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@mckusck – There are a few differences between 1Password X and the desktop apps, actually. One is that you cannot edit Web Form Details (essentially the "behind the scenes" of filling) in 1Password X, which is what you'll need to do in order to fill your proper credentials. As of right now, I've got test credentials saved, but filling those won't do you much good. If your data syncs between your work and home computers, then you can just do this on your home computer that way you don't have to reinstall anything on your work computer. You'll only need the desktop app for a quick second, then it'll sync with 1Password X and should fill from there on out. For whenever you're ready, here are the steps to download the working item on 1Password for Windows (assuming your home computer is also Windows, if it isn't then the steps may differ slightly so just let me know):

1. Download this 1PIF (1Password Interchange Format) file to your Desktop.
    2. In 1Password for Windows, select the menu option 1Password > Import, select the 1Password Interchange Format (1PIF) option and follow the prompts.
    3. Locate the imported Login item, it will be titled SulAmerica and will have a tag with the import date. Enter edit mode.
    4. Click the Web form details button to reveal the fields.
    5. Replace the placeholder values of each field with your real details and save.

Attempt to fill the item using 1Password X again, and let me know how it works for you.

That's really strange you weren't notified about my reply since I made sure to tag your username when responding. If you click on your username at the top of this page, then you should be able to view your email address in your profile. Is that email address current?

• mckusck
    mckusck
    Community Member

Hi @kaitlyn , once again I was not notified by any mean. I just came here to check if you have replied. My e-mail should be ok, and I make sure nothing from 1Password goes to spam folder. I will do these steps at home and come back to reply to you. And I was really missing that "advanced edit" feature in 1PWx for this case, but wasn't aware that it existed on the 1PW desktop.
    Thanks!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@mckusck – Can you try visiting this link? That should bring you to your profile. Now, click on the person icon in upper left corner and select "Edit Profile." After that, click on "Notification Preferences" in the left sidebar and ensure you have "email" checked next to "Notify me when people mention me."

Keep me posted on how this works for you on the 1Password desktop app!

• mckusck
    mckusck
    Community Member

Hi @kaitlyn , it worked, but it does not auto-fill (even when I click on the link within 1PW that says "visit and autofill"), so I have to go to the extension and click on the button to fill the credentials. It's better than before, but I don't know why it does not recognizes the fields to fill and fill them automatically (inline menu is now showing as well, but that you already told me it would happen).

Regarding notifications, I went to my profile settings and found that the setting to "notify upon my own topics' replies" through e-mail was disabled, so I enabled it. But the other setting "notify when someone tags me" through e-mail was already enabled, but I have never received an e-mail about you tagging me. Odd. I tried disable and enable these options to make sure the system saves the settings, so let's see how it will go from now on.

Thanks!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@mckusck – My guess is that it has something to do with the way the page is loading, but I'm only able to autofill by visiting the page then clicking the Autofill button in the popup as well. It's an improvement from before, but I've still got both of the issues filed for our developers to take a deeper look.

I wanted to make sure that you checked that we have the correct email on file for you in your profile. If so, you should receive a notification at that email shortly after this post.

• mckusck
    mckusck
    Community Member

Hi @kaitlyn . Sorry for the delay, once again caused by not have been received any e-mail from the forum system. If you have sent an e-mail right after your last reply, it was not received (not even on the Spam folder). I have checked the e-mail in my profile once again and confirmed that it is the right one.
    Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mckusck: Thanks for following up. I'm sorry for the confusion there. We don't actually send email notifications ourselves. The forum software does that, but we have had reports that some specific email providers (Hotmail comes to mind) have been blocking those. Even if you're not able to receive the emails, you can always find your notifications here:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/profile/notifications

And if you have any more questions about 1Password, we'll be happy to help. :)

• mckusck
    mckusck
    Community Member

Hi @brenty . Thanks for clarifying. I have an Outlook.com (Hotmail) e-mail, so maybe this can be one cause. I got into the settings and found that both agilebits.com and also 1password.com domains are in my whitelist, meaning no e-mail from them should go to spam folder. Do you have the exact e-mail about the forum system so I can whitelist it as well? Let me see if this works.
    Thanks!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@mckusck – Good call. The forum notification emails I receive are from forum@agilebits.com. Do you have another email address (Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud, etc.) you could try just to see if you receive notifications there? That should help us determine if the email client is to blame.

This discussion has been closed.