What type of item to create for shipping accounts?

KnnNike
KnnNike
Community Member

This is me being anal retentive to the extreme, but what do y'all think is the best type of item to create for shipping account info (e.g., a Fedex shipping account)? I thought maybe memberships, or just a secure note...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Fedex

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@KnnNike: Hmm. Good question! Honestly...I think it's always best to start with the use case. 1Password has really only four item types that have special functions: Logins (filling account credentials), Credit Cards (filling payment details), Identities (filling address info), and Passwords (a safety net for randomly generated passwords). Something you want to use for one of those purposes should be saved as the appropriate item. I don't have a ton of experience with what you're talking about, but my instinct would be to save it as a Login item, since you may want/need to use it to sign into their website. Secure Notes and Memberships are really useful if you're just organizing information that fits well there though. Does that help? :)

• KnnNike
    KnnNike
    Community Member

Sort of. I have a separate entry for my Fedex website login...maybe I'll just add my shipping account number to that

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

@KnnNike Thanks for clarifying for us—that sounds like a great solution. You can create a FedEx Login item as you would for other online accounts, and add additional information like shipping account # to custom fields in that very item.

Let us know if we can help more anytime, or if you have any follow-up questions/feedback on this :)

This discussion has been closed.