Discrepancies in behavior of 1Password Mini Win and Mac

Options
tceretian
tceretian
Community Member
edited August 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I recently switched from Mac to Windows, and noticed significant gap in usability of the mini app:
1. The dialog that pops-up on Ctrl+Shift+C is arguably useful as it requires me to do at least 2 more clicks. User name is not copied as often as password or one-time code. In Mac version a user can use key combinations to copy required field. It would be great if Win version can match that behavior or at least provide settings to configure keys combinations.
2. The mini app stays open after users copied a field, therefore, to switch back to the app users need to paste the copied content, they need to either click Esc or Alt+Tab. This is an extra key press, which is pretty annoying. Is there a way to configure the window to automatically hide when user copied a field.

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, @tceretian! 1Password for Windows is a fair bit younger than 1Password for Mac and I do think that shows most in mini, especially with the recent revamp it got on Mac. Although I can't say when it might happen, I do expect mini on Windows to see similar treatment in the future and we'll likely be able to close some of these gaps when we tackle that project. For now, I'd suggest taking a look at 1Password X if you haven't already. Not only is the interface more similar to Mac's mini, it boasts one of my favorite features available on Windows right now – drag and drop to fill. It works wonderfully in desktop apps and I'm absolutely in love. You can check out 1Password X here and, of course, if I can do anything more to help ask away. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.