cant update 1password on my laptop to match passwords on my desktop

I am not able to get all of my devices linked to my 1password account. I have 1password on my PC and it works fine, however it is not synced to my laptop. I have windows 10 on both. I have been attempting to get this fixed for over a year. Can I please get some detailed support so I can finally get this fixed? Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cant update 1password on my laptop to match passwords on my desktop

Comments

• dgoddard
    dgoddard
    Community Member

One other thing. With the last instructions that I recieved I have two of every password on my laptop. This along with the laptop not synching with the desktop version of 1password

• A key to getting issues like these resolved, @dgoddard, is having all of the details we need t make a proper diagnosis available. I see you've asked about this on the forum before and I had asked for a diagnostics report. I know you ran into some trouble sending one, but Mike had followed up with an alternative and we didn't hear from you again. There's a danger in trying to sort this sort of thing out in a public forum because while we can make some very educated guesses about how you've got things set up now based on your descriptions, we can't know for sure based on that alone. Because this forum is public, there are also certain things we just won't ask about or share here in order to protect your privacy. We're not guaranteed to find the proper solution without fully understanding the root cause of your problem, so working this way isn't always the best path forward.

Given attempts to sort things out here in the past haven't proven fruitful, I don't want to ask you to make changes again without getting the information we need to be certain our solution is proper. As such, I'd like you to try sending those diagnostics reports again:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?windows

If you're still having trouble on one of the computers, just send the one you can generate and we'll work out how to get the other over e-mail. This way we can take a closer look and get a better understanding of why you're having trouble. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.