1Password 7.3.705 BETA does not support 7 Digit OTP codes?

nRNsGmbXNFsidUMwZAqG
nRNsGmbXNFsidUMwZAqG
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I recently added a 7 digit OTP code to get away from authy which is just terrible.
I tested the QR and the URI in authy which gives the correct 7 digit code

Here is the URI i was given:
otpauth://totp/REDACTED?secret=0000000 REDACTED 00000000000&digits=7&period=10

If i change &digit=6 it shows up:

but at &digit=7 which it currently is:

it shows that

any advice or ideas?

Comments

• Hi @nRNsGmbXNFsidUMwZAqG,

Thanks for reporting this, it is a bug due to our recent TOTP spec handling improvements.

We'll get this fixed in the next beta update and we'll look at adding errors to explain why it is not showing the digits.

• Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for participating in the beta! :) :+1:

• kmpoppe
    kmpoppe
    Community Member

+1, same problem ;-) The fun part is, that the Android App AND the Firefox Plugin show the 7 digits without problems, only the Windows Desktop application refuses :-)

• Hi,

That is because they're not yet updated to use the latest improvements. We've fixed them internally, so no other apps should get that same bug in the future updates.

• kmpoppe
    kmpoppe
    Community Member

Hi Mike,

• Thank you for your understanding, @kmpoppe. It's reports like yours that allow us to catch these things before they make their way to other apps, so we really appreciate you taking the time to report them. :chuffed:

• Confirmed fixed in: 7.3.712.BETA (build #712) – released 2019-09-09

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @nRNsGmbXNFsidUMwZAqG,

Thank you for the confirmation! The full changelog for the latest beta can be found here. Here is the fix that is related to this discussion:

• Restored support for specific TOTP lengths (7-9). {OPW-4061}

On the other note, I can see that you used a password generator to generate your username? That is interesting. :)

Cheers,
    Greg

• adiq
    adiq
    Community Member

@Greg is there any ETA when this feature will be out of beta and available across Win, 1Password X and iOS?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@adiq:

We don't have an ETA at the moment. We will release these updates as soon as possible across the clients.

This discussion has been closed.