Hazard icon on top of 1password menu icon

Since I have updated to Firefox 7 I still have the 1password menu icon but it has yellow hazard symbol with a "!" in the center covering it, it still sort of working (no shortcut keys or syncing with 1password application) but what does the yellow symbol mean?

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    It means that it has detected a problem, in this case that communication with the 1Password application has been lost and the Helper application needs to be restarted. It's why your shortcut keys aren't working and data aren't being synced back to the application.
  • Chrisso
    Chrisso
    Community Member
    My shortcut keys have never worked in Firefox at work (Safari OK). The Hazard icon on showed when I upgraded to Firefox 7 and I have restarted the Helper application but to no avail. Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    Which version of 1Password are you using? Are you using a custom Firefox profile?
  • Chrisso
    Chrisso
    Community Member
    1password v 3.8.8 and 3.8.6.b11 on Firefox. As to using a custom Firefox profile I am not sure - how do you tell?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    As to using a custom Firefox profile I am not sure - how do you tell?

I will take that as a "No." :-D Some folks have moved their Firefox profiles from the default location in Finder, it doesn't sound like you have done this since you would know if you did. ;-)

Can you copy and paste the information from your Troubleshooting Report? You can view the report by clicking on the Settings section in the extension and then the "View Troubleshooting Report" button.
    20111008-8h7xkamwwe9ngracc8wsx1jciu.png
  • Chrisso
    Chrisso
    Community Member
    Hi, I have submitted two reports, 1 from Firefox (first) and one from Safari (second), please note Safari is working as it should
    Cheers
    Chris

Firefox report

1Password Troubleshooting Report

When experiencing problems this page can help you diagnose the cause. Common configuration issues detected on your system will be highlighted below, along with troubleshooting tips to resolve them.
    If the support team requests this report, you send it to them by saving this page (select File > Save As) and then attaching the saved file to your email response.

Configuration Issues Detected

The following configuration issues were detected.

1Password Helper is Not Connected

The 1Password Extension is not connected to the 1Password Helper. When disconnected, many things will not work, such as Universal Unlock, Keyboard Shortcuts, Autosubmit, and synchronization of data with the main 1Password application.
    To solve this issue, please follow these steps:
    1. Ensure that you have the latest version of 1Password by opening the 1Password application and selecting the 1Password > Check For Updates menu as shown below. If there is an update available, install it before trying these more advanced steps.
      1PasswordCheckForUpdates-20110808-135202.jpg
    2. If you're already running the latest versions of 1Password and the 1Password Extension, restart Safari.
    3. If a normal restart of Safari did not solve the issue, try using the Quit and Discard Windows command. This will quit Safari, close all your open windows, and reset the extension cache files. Please note that this will discard all your open windows, so be sure to save all your data and bookmark any pages you need. You can do this by holding the Option key while selecting the Safari > Quit menu, or, by using the CMD-Option-Q keyboard shortcut.
    4. If you're gotten this far, it is possible the 1Password Helper did not properly update itself. To fix this, open the main 1Password application and select the Help > Troubleshooting > Restart Helper menu. Wait 10 seconds and then restart Safari again.
    5. If you are using Fast User Switching, it is important that the latest version of 1Password is installed on each account. Switch to each account and check for 1Password updates. After they are all updated, switch back to this account and restart Safari.
    6. If the 1Password Helper is still not connecting, it is likely the process is not even running. This is most often caused by incorrect folder permissions. To fix this, select the Help > Troubleshooting > Reset Folder Permissions menu. Restart 1Password afterwards and then restart Safari.
    7. If all else fails, use the Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report menu to generate a report and review any configuration issues listed there.

System Information
    System time 2011-10-11 : 9:5:18 Browser version Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1
    1Password Extension Information
    Extension version 3.8.6.b11 (release notes) Database created at 2011-9-20 : 16:12:41 Instance UUID dcd654f0...83BB Uptime (mins) 16
    1Password Helper Information
    Connection status Not Connected Last Sync Error 1Password Helper version undefined (undefined) Heart beat interval (sec) 20 Heart beat acknowledged No Number of heart beats 0 Round trip elapse time (ms) Data update in progress No Last data update completed at NaN-NaN-NaN : NaN:NaN:NaN Data update elapse time (ms) N/A
    1Password Extension Settings
    Autosave enabled YES Autosubmit enabled YES Universal Unlock enabled NO Conceal Passwords NO Avoid Autosave on Domains

Safari report

1Password Troubleshooting Report

When experiencing problems this page can help you diagnose the cause. Common configuration issues detected on your system will be highlighted below, along with troubleshooting tips to resolve them.

If the support team requests this report, you send it to them by saving this page (select File > Save As) and then attaching the saved file to your email response.

Configuration Issues Detected

The following configuration issues were detected.

1Password Extension Update Needed

The 1Password Extension is not up-to-date; version 3.8.6.b11 is now available. You can review the release notes for details.

Having the latest version of the extension is critical for avoiding many issues. Please upgrade directly within Safari by selecting the Safari > Preferences menu and clicking the Extensions tab. Once loaded, click Updates in the bottom left corner, then click the Install button beside the 1Password extension, as shown here:

Once the update is installed, restart Safari.

System Information

System time 2011-10-11 : 9:7:23
    Browser version Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_8) AppleWebKit/534.50 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Safari/534.50
    1Password Extension Information

Extension version 3.8.6.b10 (release notes)
    Database created at 2011-9-6 : 15:34:38
    Instance UUID dcd654f0...8BAB
    Uptime (mins) 1
    1Password Helper Information

Connection status Connected
    Last Sync Error
    1Password Helper version 3.8.9.BETA-1 (31175)
    Heart beat interval (sec) 20
    Heart beat acknowledged No
    Number of heart beats 0
    Round trip elapse time (ms)
    Data update in progress No
    Last data update completed at 2011-10-11 : 9:6:48
    Data update elapse time (ms) 1
    1Password Extension Settings

Autosave enabled YES
    Autosubmit enabled YES
    Universal Unlock enabled NO
    Conceal Passwords NO
    Avoid Autosave on Domains
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2011
    Have you followed the troubleshooting steps outlined in the report from Firefox? Specifically, restarting the helper as mentioned in step 4 should get things going. In the main 1Password application: Help > Troubleshooting > Restart Helper

If you are still having trouble, could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? To generate the report from 1Password on your Mac, open 1Password and select Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report. Then attach the entire file to an email to support@agilebits.com.

Please include a link to this thread in order that we might more quickly "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, though.
  • Chrisso
    Chrisso
    Community Member
    Hi, I have Restarted Helper with no joy so I will send you the diagnostic report
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    Thanks for the Diagnostics Report — it has been received! I'm going to work with you through email until we can narrow down the cause(s).
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2011
    An update from Chrisso via email:

Firefox is now working with work proxies.

For whatever reason I had been running with proxies that were entered manually. I changed this to "Use system proxies" and as far as I can tell all are working as should be (external links work as well as 1Password).

All is well! Huzzah! :-D
This discussion has been closed.