Fixed extension disabled

I have Windows Desktop 1 Password installed - In Setting, Browsers, Connected Browsers it does not have anything listed, no options, noda.
I installed the extension into Firefox - but it remains disabled.

What's wrong?

1Password Version: 7.3.705
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10, latest
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• mtissington
    mtissington
    Community Member

Oops, should say Firefox extension disabled :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mtissington!

Can you please let us know what version of Firefox you are using, and what version of the 1Password Firefox extension you have installed?

• mtissington
    mtissington
    Community Member

Firefox 68.0.2
    1Password Extension 4.7.5.90

I might add that it was briefly working - then I clicked something in the 1Password Settings to Disconnect the browser extension and since then I have not been able to reconnect it - I have already tried uninstalling the extension and reinstalling it - nothing.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mtissington,

Have you tried using a different browser? Does 1Password extension work there?

Also, please let us know if you have any AV/anti-malware software on your computer. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• mtissington
    mtissington
    Community Member

Works in another browser, but obviously that's not a solution!
    Standard AV etc is Windows only.

• I don't think Greg was suggesting using a different browser as a solution, @mtissington, only as a means of narrowing down the likely source of the problem. I know this sort of troubleshooting step often yields deserved eyerolls, but have you tried a good old fashioned reboot yet? I just deleted Firefox from my connected browsers in 1Password and it reconnected right away so I don't believe that's like the source of your problem, but any issues I can think up that might result from that process should be sorted out by a reboot. Alternatively, quit 1Password (choose 1Password > Exit) and Firefox, then start 1Password again, followed by Firefox, and let me know if that helps. :+1:

• mtissington
    mtissington
    Community Member

Yes, rebooted, reinstalled Firefox too ... tried multiple combinations ..

• Well, phooey, @mtissington. So far as I can tell I've got roughly the same setup as you and am not having any trouble. Let's take a closer look! I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com and include a link to this thread in the body of your e-mail so we can connect the dots when we see it come in.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. For bonus points, post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics more quickly.

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much! :chuffed:

• mtissington
    mtissington
    Community Member

Hmm, I think I see the issue now - the correct path is C:\Users\michael...

[#TBZ-54546-334]

Native Messaging for FireFox C:\Users\micha\AppData\Local\1Password\app\7\FirefoxManifest.json
    Native Messaging for Chrome C:\Users\micha\AppData\Local\1Password\app\7\ChromeManifest.json
    Autostart when user logs in "C:\Users\michael\AppData\Local\1Password\app\7\1Password.exe" --silent
    app for onepassword://
    (used by Microsoft Edge extension) "C:\Users\micha\AppData\Local\1Password\app\7\1Password.exe" "%1"

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @mtissington! I confirm that we have received your email, so we will get back to you over there as soon as possible.

ref: TBZ-54546-334

This discussion has been closed.