How do I change an individual subcription plan started on Google Play Store to a family plan?

bhyss
bhyss
Community Member

I downloaded 1password from the Google Play store on a 30 day trial and selected the individual annual subscription plan. I like the app so far and wanted to change the plan to a family plan so that I can create a password vault for my wife. I can't find any option on Google Play store to change from a personal to a family subscription plan. The only 2 options I have are to freeze the subscription or reinstate it. I also tried changing the plan on the web but I got the following message :

**Billing for your account is managed through an Apple or Google Play subscription. To upgrade your account, contact 1Password Support.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android version 9
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:change to family subscription

Comments

• herick
    herick
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2019

Hi @bhyss,

Thanks for reaching out to us about your issue! I completely understand the confusion, as we don't yet support upgrading subscriptions through Google Play or the Apple Store. In order to switch from an individual subscription plan to a family plan you should:
    1. Cancel your current Google Play subscription
    2. Send a email to support@1password.com

From there, we will be able to assist you further in upgrading to a family account. Hope that helps and we hope to hear from you soon.

• bhyss
    bhyss
    Community Member

Thank you for your reply.

Will do accordingly.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

I confirm that we have received your email, and I have just replied to you. Let's keep the conversation going over there so we have everything in one place ;)

ref: DIH-86367-186

This discussion has been closed.