Unable to log into multiple accounts on 1PassX

1. I have 2 accounts added to 1PassX
  2. I can type in the password for either and unlock that account first
  3. After unlocking the first account, I can't type in the second password and unlock the second account
  4. I must remove the second account and re-add it to get logged in.

Maybe I'm missing the workflow for logging into second accounts, but I can't find any UI for it and have given up on finding it :(

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.15.7
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @s2Tg4kGRQ92oUjmPioY,

The UI (User Interface) for this could use a bit of improvement. The easiest way is as follows.

1. With 1Password X unlocked for the first account click the 1Password X button in the browser toolbar.
    2. Click the cog icon in the upper right hand corner and in the small menu select the Settings... option. A timesaver for later uses would be to bookmark the settings page once it has opened.
    3. In the Accounts & Vaults section at the bottom click the name of the locked account, the name being a hyperlink.
    4. The 1Password X extension will open a new tab for the 1Password account web interface and it will be already initialised for that account. Enter your Master Password for the second 1Password account here.

That will have both accounts unlocked at the same time. Another option is if you only ever really need one account at a time and you're not frequently jumping between items in the two you could lock 1Password X and then unlock using the Master Password for the second account. I figure from your post though that it isn't what you want to do but hopefully the above steps make it a bit easier.

• rdarcy
    rdarcy
    Community Member

+1 for this issue, the current process to have two accounts unlocked simultaneously is quite convoluted. I have to switch between two for my job and have to keep the timeout fairly short.

I think an easy change to make would be to show any locked vaults in the settings menu (underneath the open vaults). Clicking a locked vault name would prompt for the master password.

It would also be useful to display the master password prompt within the addon window rather than in a web page, as it loads a lot faster.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@rdarcy – You may already know this, but I think it's worth mentioning either way. You can unlock both (or any number of) accounts simultaneously in the 1Password X popup if you have the same Master Password for each account. I appreciate the feedback about this use case, though.

We're also testing out what we call Desktop App Integration in the 1Password X and 1Password for Mac betas. If you're on a Mac, you may be interested in giving that a try. It would allow you to use one Master Password to unlock all of the accounts you have signed into 1Password X/1Password for Mac. If you're interested, you can learn more here.

Let me know if you have any questions!

This discussion has been closed.