How to avoid typing in master password on Windows?

Hello, on my Mac, 1Password works beautifully with my fingerprint in Safari. Whenever a website needs my logins, I can hit Command + Backslash and I'll be prompted to put in my fingerprint on the keyboard.

On Windows, I find I'm always having to use my master password to login to websites with Chrome. I've tried using both 1Password X, and the Chrome extension with the Windows desktop software. Is there any way to avoid having to enter in my master password on Windows?

Thanks,
Mike

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi Mike,

Thank you for getting in touch!

You can try using Windows Hello to unlock 1Password 7 for Windows, learn more about it here:

Use Windows Hello to unlock 1Password on your Windows PC

You should also be aware that you will always have to unlock 1Password first with your Master Password but for the rest of that computer session, you can use Windows Hello. Once 1Password is terminated or the computer is shut down, you'll have to unlock with the Master Password first before Windows Hello can be used again.

If it is your personal computer at home, you can also increase Auto-Lock timer in 1Password 7 (Settings > Security > Auto-Lock) and 1Password X (Settings > Security).

Let me know if it helps. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.