Can't download and run the mrc-converter-suite successfully [Solved]

BamaFan
BamaFan
Community Member
edited August 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Using Internet Explorer but have tried Chrome as well. New customer 1Password 7.3. I am using Windows 10, with Ascendo Datavault 6.2.7.

I followed the Mr. C link but my problem is all I can download is an HTML file. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited August 2019

@GBoen

It’s late for me tonight, I’ll reply more thoroughly after my first cup of coffee in the morning.

• BamaFan
    BamaFan
    Community Member

Enjoy that coffee - thanks!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited August 2019

@GBoen ,

I retested downloading the zip file from the converter suite home at:

Converter Suite Downloads

The file you want is :

mrc-converter-suite-2019-06-24-1042.zip

You want to hover over that file, select the ellipsis, to bring up the pop-up menu, and then select Download:

Its possible you didn't notice the link above on the converter suite forum post.

Let's see if this helps.

• BamaFan
    BamaFan
    Community Member
    edited August 2019

Here is what I get after finally getting the download, and installing Perl:

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited August 2019

@GBoen

Can you successfully perform this command:

cd %USERPROFILE%\Desktop

and if so, what is the output of the command:

dir 

(I'm interested in seeing what converter suite-related files you have on your Desktop).

• BamaFan
    BamaFan
    Community Member
    edited August 2019

Sorry, for some reason I can't post another screenshot...however I do have the converter suite files on my desktop. Does the folder have to carry the exact name as the download? There might have been a source of trouble, but I fixed that.

• BamaFan
    BamaFan
    Community Member

I now have a Perl terminal open, running as Admin. Standing by.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@GBoen

The folder containing the converter files can be named as you please. Use that name in the cd command.

The zip file must be unzipped, not just opened via Windows explorer.

• BamaFan
    BamaFan
    Community Member

It is unzipped.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@GBoen

Were you able to successfully cd to your Desktop folder?

• BamaFan
    BamaFan
    Community Member

Directory of C:\Users\Gil\Desktop\mrc-converter-suite

08/26/2019 02:46 PM

. 08/26/2019 02:46 PM
        .. 08/26/2019 02:46 PM 35,285 Changes.txt 08/26/2019 02:46 PM 8,233 convert.pl 08/26/2019 02:46 PM
          Converters 08/26/2019 02:46 PM
            Formatters 08/26/2019 02:46 PM 4,373 Get_Safari11_Passwords.applescript 08/26/2019 02:46 PM 7,648 Get_Safari12_Passwords.applescript 08/26/2019 02:46 PM 965 install_modules.bat 08/26/2019 02:46 PM
              Languages 08/26/2019 02:46 PM
                lib 08/26/2019 02:46 PM
                  macOSConvertHelper.app 08/26/2019 02:46 PM 910,731 README.html 08/26/2019 02:46 PM
                    Utils 08/26/2019 02:46 PM 16 Version.txt 7 File(s) 967,251 bytes 8 Dir(s) 197,512,409,088 bytes free
  • MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@GBoen

That kooks good. Open the README.html file with your browser and follow the directions there

• BamaFan
    BamaFan
    Community Member

What should I name the export file?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited August 2019

@GBoen

The README.html file suggests a name, in the specific instructions for DataVault

• BamaFan
    BamaFan
    Community Member

I don't have a clue what I'm doing, but here goes...

• BamaFan
    BamaFan
    Community Member

C:\Users\Gil\Desktop\mrc-converter-suite>perl convert.pl -v datavault ..\pm_export.json
    The file '..\pm_export.json' does not exist.

Sorry to be such a dumbkopf, but was there something supposed to be in there I missed?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@GBoen

The instructions were written to guide you step by step, so that you w have to understand the details. But you have to follow them precisely.

Sorry for the brief replies; I’m stuck in the jury duty process, awaiting selection, or dismissal.

• BamaFan
    BamaFan
    Community Member

My apologies, and also condolences! I will await a better time, perhaps tomorrow.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@GBoen ,

Ok, dismissed from jury duty!

I'm not sure where you got the .json suffix for your export file name. The export, as per the README.html will guide you to exporting to a CSV file:

So you should have .csv file.

If you would like some remote help, I'd be happy to assist you that way. If so, just send me an email - my email is at the top of the convert.pl script. I'll reply with instructions to help us setup a secure connection, and to make sure you don't reveal any confidential information.

• BamaFan
    BamaFan
    Community Member

• BamaFan
    BamaFan
    Community Member

• BamaFan
    BamaFan
    Community Member

Many thanks, problem resolved. I was not using correct syntax. Mr. C came along with remote assistance and was done in a couple minutes. I just stared at the screen in wonder. All good, 1Password is my new home for many years of legacy data going back to the Blackberry days.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Fantastic, @GBoen . It was my pleasure to assist.

Enjoy 1Password!

This discussion has been closed.