Vault Items Disappeared After Changing Email, Had to Re-Login Twice

Options

I recently changed my email. After changing it and launching the Windows app, a red bar showed up at the bottom saying account couldn't be synced and I had to login again. Clicked the bar, was taken to sign-in screen with all my details filled in save the master password. Entered my master password and was taken back to the vault, only now none of my items were there (showed 0 items in the vault). I had to completely exit the app and log back in again for them to return.

1Password Version: 7.3.705
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Subscription

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @andmade!

I wonder if this happened because sync had not completed yet. How long did you wait before quitting the app and launching it again?

• andmade
    andmade
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana Not long, probably less than 2 minutes. The disappearance of the vault items was alarming enough that I wanted them back as soon as possible, especially since they were actually still showing when the red banner appeared and right after logging in the first time, before vanishing. If it's a sync issue, then a progress bar and alert indicating its resyncing and resyncing progress would be a good idea.

• My apologies for the alarm, @andmade – this is actually a known issue that is ultimately purely visual, but unenjoyable to encounter nonetheless. Your data was there the whole time, but the UI isn't showing it to you because your item list is refreshing when it doesn't need to and quite poorly at that. I believe locking and unlocking would sort this as well. Again, I'm sorry for the trouble – even the mere appearance of missing data is not fun – but we are aware of the trouble and will be sure to get it fixed up. :+1:

ref: opw/opw#3289

This discussion has been closed.