Just starting Family Trial, it's tough [1Password membership requires iOS 12]

Options
Blake_
Blake_
Community Member
edited August 2019 in iOS

I have just signed up for the Family trial and have to say it has been a confusing process to put 1P on my devices. I am just trying to do that first before setting up vaults etc., I first installed 1P on an iPad running IOS 12.2, then on a Win 10 PC.

However when trying to install 1P on an IOS 10.3.3 iPad I get an error "Check your email and Secret Key" and this is even though I scanned it from my Emergency Kit QR code and downloaded the last compatible version of the app.
After looking on this site I am afraid you are going to tell me 1P will not work on this IOS version, but I want to confirm or learn of a possible fix.

Apple grates me because it forces their hardware into obsolescence this way. I guess I will throw this iPad with the other obsolete ones I have.
unless you can help me out, I hope.

Thanks I want this to work out,

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2019
    Options

Hi @Blake_ ,

After looking on this site I am afraid you are going to tell me 1P will not work on this IOS version, but I want to confirm or learn of a possible fix.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of unwelcome news, but that is correct. 1Password membership requires 1Password 7 or later on iOS, and 1Password 7 requires iOS 12.2 or later.

System requirements for 1Password

It is unfortunate that older yet still functioning hardware is obsoleted in this way, but older devices that can't run the latest OS are indeed a problem. They're a problem for security in general. Keeping up to date with OS releases is really important. We're not financial advisors, and I understand these devices come at a great cost, but the cost of not staying up to date and having a security breach as a result is likely to be much greater. We make these recommendations (and in this case requirements) in part because we do care, and we don't want anyone to end up in that kind of a situation. There are of course technical and business reasons as well.

I have just signed up for the Family trial and have to say it has been a confusing process to put 1P on my devices.

I do apologize for the confusion and frustration caused. If there are any other pain points that we can help with please let me know.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.