How often does a family shared vault sync?

Bikr
Bikr
Community Member
edited August 2019 in Families

My wife and I have 1Password 7.3.2 on each of our Macs on a home network. I updated a password in our shared vault on my Mac. Then about two hours later, she accessed the same login by pressing Cmd + \ but it was still the old password. The last modified showed the previous modification date, not today's. She was using her Mac for a while before accessing that login…in other words, it was not in sleep mode.

Should it take longer than 2 hours to sync between machines?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:How often does a shared vault sync?

Comments

• Hi @Bikr,

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble. Sync should be nearly instantaneous. The fact that it wasn't points to the possibility of the 1Password notifier not being able to communicate with 1Password.com. If your wife locks and unlocks 1Password, makes an edit to an existing item, or adds a new item, do the changes to the item in question then sync as expected?

Please let me know. We'd very much like to track down what is causing this problem for you.

Ben

• Bikr
    Bikr
    Community Member

@Ben. I created a new login item on my machine and then went to hers and using Cmd+\ to open the mini UI, it didn't have that new item in there. Still in the mini app, I locked then unlocked the vault and it still didn't show up. Then I opened 1Password full app and it was there. Then I re-checked the mini app (Cmd+) and it was now there as well. So looks like the main app is getting updated but not the mini panel.

I also checked the other direction and changes made on her Mac to a shared vault item in the full app, is not syncing to my machine.

I just created a troubleshooting report and sent it to support+mac@1password.com. We can follow up via email. Thanks!

• Thanks @Bikr.

Ben

ref: LBY-68526-853

This discussion has been closed.