I manage my family, but there is one vault I cannot seem to edit the access to. Help.

jamsterdam
jamsterdam
Community Member

I manage my family's account. I have several vault. One I can manage the access of family members of (see screenshot), and one I can NOT. What is different about this other vault? I need to delete two family members from that vault.

I get to these pages by navigating to 1password.com, and clicking on the settings button of the vault.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: 1pswd

Comments

• Hi @jamsterdam

The vault in the first screenshot is the built-in "Shared" vault (though it looks like you've renamed it). It isn't possible to remove people from that vault, other than by removing them from your membership entirely. If there are items you wish to share with some but not all family members then that vault isn't the spot for them. I'd recommend creating a new vault and sharing it with only the people you want to share with. Then, move the items in question into that new vault. Be sure to empty the Trash on the Shared vault, as the "move" function is really a "copy then move the original to the Trash."

Create and share vaults

Does that help? Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.