Setting up a new account, have existing free app, does it matter what device I setup account on

Options
kbothwell
kbothwell
Community Member

I am setting up a new family subscription to have two users in my house use 1Password. I have the free 1Password on my iphone now. Does it matter what device I setup my new family account on? In other words, do I need to be on a windows computer that I own at home or can I setup my account anywhere (like using the browser at my daughter's house) to then migrate the vault on my phone into my new account on my Phone. I use a Windows laptop at home and an Iphone X for my app.

1Password Version: 7.3.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:setting up new account does it matter what device I do that on

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kbothwell: I would recommend doing it on a computer where you have all of your 1Password data. That way it's just a matter of following the steps in this guide:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

And easy to switch back and forth between your browser, 1Password, and email if necessary. Once the data is in your new 1Password membership account, it's just a matter of signing into the account on all of your devices to access your data (also covered at the end of the guide above). I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.