How to connect Duo to 1password families?

jrschenck
jrschenck
Community Member

I have used 1 password at work and wanted to try it with my family. I've also signed up with Duo but I am having trouble connecting it to my 1password account. From what I have read, it sounds like Duo is built for the business/teams aspect of 1Password. Is that true? If not, how do I connect them?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:duo

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jrschenck! Welcome to the forum!

2FA through Duo is only available in business accounts. If you want to use 2FA for your 1Password Families account, you can use a regular 2FA app instead ;)

• jrschenck
    jrschenck
    Community Member

Thank you. I thought so after reading the documentation but I just wanted to confirm that.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @jrschenck! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

@ag_ana I use Duo with my family account for 2FA and I have for a while. It works like Google Authentication.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@prime: Ah, good point. It's s bit confusing. While you can use the Duo app as an authenticator to generate one-time passwords, like Google Authenticator, Authy, etc., using the Duo service for push authentication requires a business account with both 1Password and Duo. I believe that's what the original poster has in mind, coming from a business membership. :)

• jrschenck
    jrschenck
    Community Member

@brenty Yes that was what I was trying to do. Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.