Trouble accessing chase.com on iMac (Mojave 10.14.6) with Safari using 1Password (6.8.8)

Options

chase.com website pops up small box for userid and password. I click on 1Password extension icon at top of Safari window, enter my master password (if needed), and select Chase login which is listed at the top of the 1Password pop-up (it recognizes the chase site). 1Password fills both userid and password, the screen is refreshed, and I'm right back where I started with the chase login with empty userid and password fields. If I select Chase login again in the 1Password extension, it fills the fields (again), and I am logged into the chase site. I get the same behavior with some (not all) other sites.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.4
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:problem with autofill on chase.com website

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @timbinaz!

Can you please try updating the 1Password browser extension to the latest version and see if that helps? Even though 1Password 6.8.8 is quite old now, you should be able to update at least the extension.

• timbinaz
    timbinaz
    Community Member
    Options

The check box to automatically update extensions in Safari was already checked, so I should have the latest version. To make sure, I uninstalled the 1Password extension, then installed it again. At first I got the 1Password 7 extension, which I would not fill in userid and password on the Chase site for me. So I uninstalled that extension and began the search for a 1Password 6 extension. I found it at: https://safari-extensions.apple.com/details/?id=com.agilebits.onepassword4-safari-2BUA8C4S2C. I got the same 1Password 6 extension version (4.7.4) as before, but it works correctly now. Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@timbinaz: Thanks for letting us know. Keep in mind that will only be an option for a few more weeks:

Safari 13 is awesome, but 1Password 6 users need to upgrade to enjoy it

The Safari Extensions Gallery is the only source for the outdated extension and will be shutting down, as the old Safari extensions are no longer supported by Apple since last year, and they will not function at all in Safari 13.

1Password 7 and its new Safari App Extension will work (I am a Chase customer myself), but only with a membership (which includes all the apps and updates) or license for that version. If you have any questions, let me know. :)

This discussion has been closed.